Safety is very important to us. We begin every day with a team safety meeting to help ensure the safety of our patients and our team. Safety is one of the 7 central priorities of UHN.
During the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we have added new measures to keep you safe.
- Most (or all) of the program is virtual so you can do your diabetes program from home
- All staff wear the recommended personal protective equipment (PPE)
- We limit how many people can be in the building at one time
- All patients need to wear a mask unless they are exercising
- All people need to remain 6 feet (or 2 metres) apart
- We follow all rules put in place by the Ontario government and UHN
Below is a list of resources that may be helpful during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- University Health Network (UHN): Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information at UHN
- World Health Organization (WHO): Coronavirus
- Public Health Agency of Canada: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- Ontario Government: Think You Might Have COVID-19 (coronavirus)?
- Public Health Ontario
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- HeartWise Webinars: The COVID-19 Series, University of Ottawa Heart Institute